Writings so far...

Friday 20 June 2014

She is special for a lifetime !

Right before, an year back. Things were different. I remember 21st June, 2013. Yes, that day ! It was a friday ! It was raining quiet heavily. I was at home. No , I wasn't enjoying the rains. I was highly irritated with the annoying noise. It was "meow, meow, meow". I wondered what went wrong with the neighbor's cat. Is she okay ? Since 4 a.m! It could be the worst sleep.

To my surprise, when I got up in the morning with fighting sleep. The sound was still up. Again that annoying "meow, meow". I finally fought my patience to step out & see. I had a very annoying grin & saw a tiny lil kitten that was completely wet in heavy rains. The cat was in a condition where it wanted a shelter than a milk. I didn't realise. Like every other nerd, I step into my rainy gums, kept some milk. To my surprise the kitten left it & followed my foot steps. All wet & drained. Entering our house.  I held her, and realised "omg, she needs to be wiped". And with some "not so good discussions" with mom. Somewhere, I just wanted to give her warmth.

Wrapped in the warmth. I got her in. My sis was busy in her laptop. While I happily introducing her to this kitten. How can I ever forget the panic-stricken mode my sis was in! With lot of mutual understanding we requested to keep this kitten till the rains went off. But animals, are too cute to let go easily. So with lot of convincing, we decided to keep this kitten & take care.

It was a day of blessing ! For sure, nothing can replace the love non-verbally animals do. The next day she was alright. She was jumping on our legs infatuated by a moving object too quick. We all were compelled to wear a full length cloth to save our lives. One fine night, I realised this ought to have a name. She is too cute to be called just-a-cat or a stray ! So we named her "Mishi".

It's been an year exactly today. And what I learnt that cats have more understanding than human beings. You tell her not to bother, she will make a tiny face and wait in the corner. Even after giving food, she will wait outside till you finish your shower & follow henceforth. When you return home after a tiring day, she will stand before hand & wait & welcome you to come inside & not herself to go out. She will trust you the most than her other cat mates for the shelter that you gave her.

You give her 1 meal, she will keep licking you as there's nothing tasty. She will clean herself and make sure to clean you. She will get her toy and place it on your feet to say "please play with me", she will have all the daring to roar to her other cats only under your eyes. No, cats are not cunning. You give them love they will reciprocate. You give them hate & they will bite you the whole night. They're smart & too straight. They too need their space.

The best moment that me & my family enjoys is when she finds our feet for her most comfortable sleepy afternoons & nights. And right now, she is right next to mine. While I am typing her honors.

I love you Mishi very much. You've taught - the not-at-all-animal-lover (mom) to love you. You've taught "it feels lively to give a life". You've taught to restrict the play fight till play and not beyond. You've taught to give much more than recieving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment